The Fenix HM65R – 1400 Lumens USB Rechargeable LED Headlamp features both an independently controlled spotlight and a floodlight for a combined maximum 1400 lumens of neutral and white light. Powered by the included 3500mAh battery, this headlamp is USB-C rechargeable and includes a battery level indicator. It is made of a magnesium alloy for better strength, impact resistant to 2 meters (6.6ft), with less weight.
- Spot and floodlight for various lighting demands.
- Cree XM-L2 U2 white, XP-G2 R5 neutral white LED, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V/CR123A batteries
- Constant current circuit guarantees longer runtime
- Dual top switches for easy and fast operation
- Type-C charging, 1.5A large current
- Quality aluminum, magnesium and PC material, lightweight and durable
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating
- 3.17″ Length x 2.17″ Width x 1.57″ Height (80.5 x 55x 40 mm)
- 3.42 oz / 97 grams (excluding battery)
Length: 3.2” (80.5mm)
Width: 2.2” (55mm)
Height: 1.6” (40mm)
Weight: 3.4 oz. (97g) excluding battery
Battery: One included 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two CR123A batteries
Included: ARB-L18-3500 rechargeable li-ion battery, headband, top headband, headband mount, spare O-ring, charging cable
Spotlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
Floodlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp. Med output level is set by default for first use. Afterwards, the light memorizes the last selected output, when turned on again the previously used output will be recalled.
Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to reach the corresponding mode.
Spotlight mode: For the first use, single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Turbo→Low. Afterwards, the light memorizes the last selected output.
Floodlight mode: For the first use, single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Med→High→Low. Afterwards, the light memorizes the last selected output.
Lock: With the lamp switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink 4 times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
Unlock: With the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activates on Low of floodlight mode.
In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks to indicate locked status.
- Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the lamp.
- The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3500 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 2 hours with the lamp being switched off. When charging, Med output of spotlight or floodlight mode can be separately or simultaneously selected. The light will not automatically power on after full charging.
- In charging process, one indicator flashes: below 20%, one constant-on and one flashes: 21%-50%, two constant-on and one flashes: 51%-80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 81% – 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
- Replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dust-proof ability.
Battery Level Indication
With the lamp switched off, single click either switch to check the battery status, single click once again the lamp will go out immediately, or without any operation the status will last for 3 seconds. There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: 100% – 81%
- Three lights on: 80% – 61%
- Two lights on: 60% – 41%
- One light on: 40% – 21%
- One light flashes: 20% – 0%
Unscrew the battery cover anticlockwise to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the , then screw the battery cover back on.
Low Voltage Warning
When the battery level is detected critical for currently used output, one of the indicator will flash to remind. Replace the battery or recharge the lamp as soon as possible.
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
- Attach the headband to the headlamp as shown (Pic 1), by first sliding the band down to the bottom of the slots. Then hook the top edge under the top slot.
- Adjust the headband by sliding the buckle to required length.
- Assemble top headband to better fix the headlamp. First fix the headband mount to the headband, then fix one side of the top headband to the headlamp holder, and the other end to the top headband mount.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare?
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.